High school graduates are often worried of which type of degree program to pursue; whether a bachelor degree or other types of degree. Whilst some already have their mind made up but they are still in doubt whether to opt for an online universities or an offline institution.
But these should not be confusing though. If you want to enjoy a learning process where flexibility is present and the ability to work while pursuing your bachelor degree then online universities is the option for you but if you want to experience the campus life you will need to study for your degree program at a brick and mortar institution.
But whether you choose to study your degree program or bachelor’s degree at accredited online universities or an offline college, you will need a scholarship or free bursary to go with. There are many student grants out there for learners seeking a bachelor degree.
The University of Kansas is offering one of such scholarship offer valued up to $80,000. The Kansas State Presidential Scholarship Program is currently open for application for high school graduates wishing to earn their bachelors degree at the institution.
The primary aim of this scholarship offer is to attract students with high potential from around the world, able to make meaningful contributions to the Kansas State student body; both in extra-curricular activities in the campus and classroom activities. Students wanting to apply for this scholarship offer are to submit their scholarship applications before the deadline – November 29, 2018.
Only students from the United States of America can apply for the Kansas State University Excellence Scholarship. The bursary offer is not open to graduate students seeking to earn their master degree at the institution but students who are eligible to study for a bachelor degree at the institution may apply for the Kansas State University Excellence Scholarships.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must proof their financial inability to sponsor their education, and also show they’re of low socioeconomic status in their society.
Scholarship Entry Requirements
- Applicants to the Kansas State University Excellence Scholarship must be talented academically.
- Possess a first degree from a renowned institution.
- Underprivileged based on the conditions of socio-economic status or disability.
- Cannot cover for their study expenses; whether they’re working or not able to secure a job.
- Possesses some leadership skills/potential and willing to give back to their community in any way they can.
- Applicants are expected to must have attained a high school scores of 3.90 or above.
- Write the SAT or ACT exams and score up to 32 in the ACT exams or 1450 and above in the SAT exams. This is required to proof the applicants’ proficiency in English.
- As an applicant wishing to apply to the Kansas State University Excellence Scholarships, you need to be a high school senior or currently admitted to study for an undergraduate degree program at the Kansas State University.
Application Deadline – The application closing date for the Kansas State University Excellence Scholarships is 29th November, 2018.
Scholarship Type – The scholarship is only open for the study of undergraduate degree programs.
Scholarship Value – Successful applicants of this grant offer will receive benefits worth up to $80,000 each year.
How to apply for the scholarship
Applicants will need to fill and submit the $80,000 Kansas State University Excellence Scholarship application form. After filling and submitting the form, a supplemental form should also be filled and submitted by the applicant. Both forms are to be filled and submitted online.
Interested applicants can visit the scholarship webpage for more detailed information and steps on how to successfully apply.